(The price to members is shown in brackets)
Post Early for Christmas (Campbell) £25.00 (£21.00) (P & P UK £2.50; Europe £7.00; Elsewhere £11.00)
The British Post Office Service in Morocco 1907-57 (Stotter) £49 (£44) (P & P UK, £7.20; Europe £12; Rest of world by surface £12 or air £22; sent in specially fitted protective box. Awarded a large gold medal at Harrogate 2008 National Exhibition and the prestigious Crawford medal by the Royal Philatelic Society, London.
The British Post Office in Colombia 1821-1881 (Bentley M.) £40 (£35) (P & P UK £3.75, Europe £7.50, World Wide Airmail £13.00, World Wide Surface £7.50).
Full details and review>>
Bentley M: The British Post Office in Colombia 1821-1881, pub. PHS 2010
141 pp A4, illustrated in colour and black and white, hb, dj, ISBN 8780 85377 0312
Available Graham Mark, Oast House West, Golden Hill, Wiveliscombe, Somerset TA4 2NT
Retail price £40, price to members £35 plus p & p (Inland £3.50, Europe £7.50, Worldwide air £12.00, Surface mail £7.50)
This book gives an all round view of the British postal activities in Colombia set against a most informative description of the history, geography and the politics of a very interesting period of the country's development. Through Malcolm's approach, one has every chance to enhance ones knowledge of the Victorians' interest in trade and commerce and in particular how they improved their communications in the Americas through the importance of the Panama/Colon offices.
A dramatic period with mass migration from Europe to North America, California acquiring statehood, the Gold rush of 1849, the construction of a railway linking ports of the Caribbean to the Pacific and the surveying of a canal across the Isthmus.
All of this and much more is covered in this quality printed book, which is well illustrated both in colour and black and white. It is an excellent companion for both readers and collectors new to the area as well as for those more familiar with it.
Prisoners of War in British Hands during WW1 (Mark) £25 (£20) (P & P extra).
The British Postal Service in Morocco, 1749 – 1906 (Garcia) £60 (£50) + P & P U.K. £8.00; Europe, £13.00; Rest of the World by surface £23.00. Sent in a specially fitted, protective box.
A Postcard from Tangier: A Postal & Social History 1880 to 1958 (Stotter) £49.00 (£45.00) (P & P UK £7.20; Europe £12.00; Rest of the World £12.00 surface, £22.00 air)
Other Current Publications
- Australian Mails via Suez, 1852-1926 (Kirk) £32 (£25)
- The Bermuda Packet Mails and the Halifax-Bermuda Mail Service, 1806-1886 (Arnell & Ludington) £28 (£23)
- British Postal Rates 1635-1839 (Sanford & Salt) £20 (£16)
- British Postal Rates to Europe 1836-76 (Oxley) £18 (£15) - reduced price
- Devon & Cornwall: a Postal Survey 1500-1791 (Cornelius) £6 (£5)
- The Domestic Packets between Great Britain & Ireland 1635-1840 (Salt) £8 (£6) - reduced price
- Imperial and Foreign Mails - Sea Conveyance during War, 1914-1918 (Mark) £12 (£10) - reduced price
- Manx Mail (Ward & Leece) £8 (£6)
- Official Franking, 1800-1840 (Scott) £6 (£5) - reduced price
- Operation Overlord (Holmes) £6 (£5) - reduced price
- Letter Receivers of London 1652-1857 (Feldman) (in two volumes) £45 (£38) - reduced price
- Ship Letters (Hendy) £15 (£12) - reduced price
- Royal Mail Steam Packet Co., 1842-1879 (Kenton & Parsons) £25 (£20) - reduced price
- PHS Library Catalogue £5
- The Penny Posts of Wales before 1840 (Scott-Archer) £1
- Binders for the journal "Postal History" £3 each
- The Disinfected Mail of Spain (Nathan) reprint £4
Back Issues of "Postal History" - enquiries to John Scott.
All the above publications are available from Hugh Feldman, Juniper House, Ashdon, Saffron Walden, CB3 0AN 01799 584579 firstname.lastname@example.org
Postage and packing extra.